Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Story: Trying to Get Treated for Hepatitis C

My Story: Trying to Get Treated for Hepatitis C

I have been trying to get my hepatitis C treatment from India for the past several months.  Its been a very difficult time for me.  I got the run around from many Indian pharmacies online through India Mart.  I even sent money to one of them because the price was really good, about $300.  Then I waited and waited, nothing happened.  I didn't know what to do.  I kept asking those folks where are my meds, they said its on its way.  I just waited and waited, nothing happened.  Now, by this time its been over 4 weeks and nothing has happened since I sent the money to the company from India Mart.  I feel bad and angry because I got scammed, or atleast I feel like I got scammed. 

I was telling a friend about this, he said he will look in to it.  He asked his wife, Pam, to call around and find out which is the best pharmacy to order hepatitis C meds.  Pam also talked about Greg Jefferies and Dr. Freeman, and how they cut corners to get meds to patients.  Pam mentioned that most if not all the meds they source for hep C patients in the US or Europe is all 4th standard active pharmaceutical ingredients.  What that means is that the generic Harvoni, generic Sovaldi, generic Epclusa, generic Daklinza and generic Mavyret are of the lowest quality product that they themselves make in a small dirty kitchen lab in India.  I was floored when I heard this.

Then I wondered what standard of hep c meds will I get if I ordered from India.  Pam, talked to her colleagues who all work in Big Pharma, said there are excellent high quality manufacturers and you can't go by the brand name.  The reason being is that they know that foreigners are buying these meds and they skimp on the quality.  The truth is if an Indian buys the hep c meds, the quality is ISO 9001 certified and audited by FDA. 

The Indian government does not want to take chance on their pharmaceutical industry because 95% of the generic of hep C meds, its supplied to the US market. Then I wonder, how do I get my hands on my generic Harvoni from India. 

Pam kept searching and talking to people, then she heard about an American doctor at Mayo Clinic that works with a non profit that helps Americans get hepatitis C treatment from India.  The road leads back to India.

She finds out who this non profit is and to her surprise its setup by Americans and Indian Americans.  Immediately she calls the number she got online and glad to hear and American mans' voice, Chris. After talking to Chris for a half hour, Pam orders my meds and within 10 days, I got my meds.

I owe Pam so much thanks and appreciation for all the work she has done. 

Now, I am in my 8 week of treatment and really I feel great, no side effects.  At first, it was a bit hard, not that much, just a strange battle sensation in my body was going on for about  a week.  After that, I just felt getting better and better.

I wish you the best of luck in getting treated for your hepatitis C.  Believe me, you can get the meds too and get cured.

John Wenthrop

No comments:

Post a Comment